Minnesota Temporary Protected Status Attorney

If you are from a country that is in the midst of a war, or has recently experienced an environmental disaster the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) may decide to give some people Temporary Protected Status (TPS) within the United States. This is an overview of how to get a work card as well as a travel permit under Temporary Protected Status.

TPS is a form of humanitarian relief that only applies to specific nationals of a particular country who were located in the United States during a certain time period. People who have granted TPS are able to apply for both a work and a travel permit, they are also unable to be deported from the United States.

Those eligible can submit form I-821 to apply for Temporary Protected Status, form I-765 to apply for their work permit, and form I-131 to apply for a travel permit.

TPS is a temporary benefit, however, once granted you are able to apply for a more permanent status such as a green card, or temporary visa status.

We welcome your call today at 952-361-5556 (or fill out the free case evaluation form below) to help you through the legal issues of your case.

Start Your Immigration Case Evaluation

Fields marked with an * are required


Featured By