Minnesota Green Cards for Married Children

A U.S. citizen may sponsor married children (including spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21) for Green Cards. For children who reach their 21st birthday after an initial petition, the time their visa petition was pending can be subtracted from their ages to determine their priority date. Our attorneys at Tarshish Cody) PLC can help with the application process. Call 952-361-5556 .

U.S. immigration laws place quotas on annual immigration totals. For this category of married children, the quota is 23,400, but the line can take 11 years. For children in countries like Mexico and the Philippines, the wait can total 20 years.

A U.S. citizen submits form I-130 to the USCIS, as well as proof of U.S. citizenship, and confirmation of parent relationships. This proof of parental relationship can be established by the child’s birth certificate or marriage certificate, as well as documentation of death or divorce.

For U.S. citizens who have adopted children (or who are step-parents), Form I-130 has additional instructions. In order for a child’s spouse to immigrate with the child, a marriage certificate must be provided, plus evidence of termination of previous marriages.

If the child’s name or parent’s name has changed since birth, that legal documentation must be included. Upon receipt of all required documentation by the USCIS, and fees have been paid, the case will be reviewed. Upon approval, the married children, plus spouses and children receive Green Cards with permanent residency status in the U.S.

Call our immigration expert attorneys at Tarshish Cody PLC to learn more and to gain assistance. We welcome your call today at 952-361-5556 (or fill out the free case evaluation form below) to help you through the legal issues of your green cards for married children case.

Start Your Immigration Case Evaluation

Fields marked with an * are required


Featured By