Minnesota I-601A Provisional Waivers Attorney

Recently the DHS {Dept. of Homeland Security} issued a regulation that impacts immediate family members of U.S. citizens who have entered the country illegally. Those immediate family members previously were ineligible to adjust their status. Now under Form I-601A, those relatives may apply for a provisional waiver. Form I-601A allows those who have been approved and issued a waiver to attend their appointments for Green Cards in their home countries. The purpose of the waiver program is prevent separation of spouses and children from their family for long periods of time while their waivers are pending.

These immediate family members can obtain their waivers prior to leaving the U.S. to have interviews in their home countries, and then return to their families in the U.S. in a matter of days or weeks. You can contact our immigration attorneys at Tarshish Cody PLC to help determine if you are eligible for a provisional waiver, what to do if a waiver is denied, and how to qualify even if removal proceedings are in progress.

Be aware that unlawful presence can complicate an applicant’s return to the U.S. Unlawful presence applies to those who have entered the U.S. without inspection, or those who have overstayed their visas, or those who have been cited by the U.S. government for violating their temporary visa status.

Call Tarshish Cody PLC law firm for a free initial consultation to learn about this provision waiver Form I-601A, at 952-361-5556 (or fill out the free case evaluation form below) to help you through the legal issues of your case. 

Start Your Immigration Case Evaluation

Fields marked with an * are required


Featured By