Minnesota I-751 Waiver Attorney


For U.S. Conditional Permanent Residents who get divorced, a Form I-751 waiver needs to be submitted as quickly as possible. Typically foreign born residents who marry U.S. citizens apply for a Green Card in order to remain with their spouse in the U.S. Then, to become permanent residents, they file for a 2-year conditional Green Card, followed by a Form I-751, which eliminates the conditions. They can then request a 10-year Green Card.

However, divorce (or annulment) can happen before the two year conditional Green Card expires. Conditional Permanent Residents worry about deportation and surrender of their Green Card. The attorneys at Tarshish Cody PLC can advise those in these circumstances about their options, including an I-751 waiver.

Our attorneys will counsel on the importance of attaching proof of joint assets, income tax records, and detailed affidavits from the former spouse and parents. There will be an interview by the USCIS to confirm the validity of the marriage. If the Form I-751 is denied, there is an option to renew it through an Immigration Judge in removal proceedings. An initial free consultation with Tarshish Cody attorneys is available now. We welcome your call today at 952-361-5556 (or fill out the free case evaluation form below) to help you through the legal issues of your I-751 case.

Start Your Immigration Case Evaluation

Fields marked with an * are required

Featured By