Minnesota Immigration Benefits for Same-Sex Couples Attorney

Recent Supreme Court decisions have expanded rights and benefits for same-sex couples. This applies to U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents who can now sponsor their same-sex partners for Green Cards. Also, same-sex spouses can be included derivatives in their partner’s family and employment-based Green Card petition. Simply put, it is now easier for immigrants in these categories to join spouses in the U.S. The law firm of Tarshish Cody PLC will counsel for petitioners in this category. Call 952-361-5556 .

Same-sex couples married in states that permit gay marriage qualify for immigration purposes, and then may live in any state they choose. States that recognize same-sex marriage are: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and Washington DC.

Those immigrants residing outside the U.S. who are in same-sex relationships can choose to marry in one of the 17 countries that recognize same-sex marriages. Those countries are: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Uruguay, and some states in Mexico.

A finance visa is an option for a foreign same-sex partner to come to the U.S. to get married in a state that recognizes same-sex marriages. The relationship must be proven to be bona fide, and a confirmation should be shown that they plan to marry within 90 days of arrival in the U.S.

Our attorneys at Tarshish Cody PLC are waiting to schedule a free initial consultation at our offices. We welcome your call today at 952-361-5556 (or fill out the free case evaluation form below) to help you through the legal issues of your immigration benefits for same-sex couples case.

Start Your Immigration Case Evaluation

Fields marked with an * are required





Featured By