Minnesota H-1B Procedure Attorney


The first thing that has to be done in order to attain H-1B status, is to attain an offer of temporary employment. In addition, your employer must fill out a Labor Condition Application from the United States Department of Labor. This form attests to the fact that you are not being hired in place of workers that are currently on strike, and that you will be not only receiving the same wages, but also working in the same conditions that the employer offers works from the United States. Following the approval of the Labor Condition Application, an H-1B petition must be submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. This petition should not only describe the employment opportunity, but your employer, your qualifications, and should be submitted along with the Labor Condition Application, and any other supporting documents, such as your diploma, and the offer of employment.

Additional Information
-If you are not planning on becoming a permanent citizen of the United States, your employer can request that your status be changed to H-1B. It is important to be aware however, that if you leave the country while under this status you need to have an H-1B visa abroad in order to return to the United States.

-H-1B status can be obtained whether you are planning on working full or part-time. That said, full-time employment is preferred.

-If you are planning on working more than one job, all of your potential employers can submit H-1B petitions on your behalf, and you can be approved to work more than one job.

We welcome your call today at 952-361-5556 (or fill out the free case evaluation form below) to help you through the legal issues of your H-1B Procedure case.

Start Your Immigration Case Evaluation

Fields marked with an * are required

Featured By