Minnesota United States Citizenship Through Parents Attorney

How are you able to obtain United States citizenship through your parents or grandparents if you were born outside of the country?

Determining if you “acquired” a United States Citizenship through birth can be a complicated thing to do. Here is a breakdown of how to understand and make sense of the law regarding acquisition and derivation of United States citizenship through grandparents and parents.

Derivative citizenship laws can be extremely difficult and complex to understand and are one of the most complicated areas of immigration law. Congress has amended these laws many times over the years, making them at times even more difficult to fully understand. Luckily, there are attorneys that have been working in this specific field for years and have managed to help hundreds of clients properly obtain their United States citizenship through their grandparents and parents.

There are a number of strategies to prove that you are a citizen of the United States, even if you were not born in the country, two of these being to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship through the United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services, or by applying for a United States Passport.

We welcome your call today at 952-361-5556 (or fill out the free case evaluation form below) to help you through the legal issues of your United States Citizenship through parents case.

Start Your Immigration Case Evaluation

Fields marked with an * are required

Featured By